May 26th we posted a critique of the Congressional lobbying effort of the Cannabis Industry Association. Since then, we have worked with Responsibility.org to get the message to Congress that they are being lied to by the marijuana lobby. July 31stour letter went to every member of Congress in the House and the Senate.
Cosigners on our letter were:
- American Automobile Association
- Governors Highway Safety Association
- Institute for Behavior and Health
- National Association of State EMS Officials
- National Safety Council
- National Sheriff’s Association
- National Traffic Law Center
- Smart Approaches to Marijuana
- Students Against Destructive Decisions
- We Save Lives
We just learned that the Senate Commerce Science and Transportation Committee is interested in a meeting to discuss the contents of the letter. Let’s hope something good comes of it.